I have a post coming soon that's a bit sappy, because that's how I roll. This experience has been such an adventure, so much that I don't even know how to process it into blog-form. I need to ponder it just a bit longer before I write it out. For now, I just wanted to let you know the book is HERE. And it should be available now anywhere you can buy a book.
I've also had some emails asking about signed copies of the book. Thanks to some modern magic, I can make that happen!
If you want a signed copy of A Snicker of Magic:
* I signed stock for a few stores in California, including:
- Once Upon a Time in Montrose, California. You can pop in that adorable store and pick up a copy or order it online: http://shoponceuponatime.com (If you live in Montrose, you already know this, but there's a magic spot in front of the store where you can hear your voice echo. It's so creepy-cool!)
- The whimsically-wonderful Hicklebee's in San Jose, California. Hicklebee's is a dream. I can't imagine discovering that bookstore as a kid. If you go by to pick one up, see if you can find where I signed the wall! :) http://hicklebees.com
- And at Book Passage in Corte Madera! http://www.bookpassage.com
After speaking at Book Passage, the lovely booksellers there took me out on the floor to show me the display for A Snicker of Magic. If you think I burst into tears, you are correct:
* Check the events page, because I have a few more events happening this spring including events in Ohio, Texas and North Carolina. I'm also having a Book Party in my hometown in east Tennessee on April 26th. If you're nearby (or if you know how to teleport!), come say hi! A miniature pig named Oreo will be in attendance, and you will freak out when you see him. He's adorable! (So adorable that he *might* get a cameo in a future book ...)
* The lovely Alyson Kate made these bookplates for me. They're sticky on the back, so you can attach them to the inside cover or one of the first pages. Or your forehead, if you prefer. And Scholastic sent me the most adorable bookmarks. I would be happy to sign either one of those (or both of them!) and mail them your way. Just email me at nat.lloyd at yahoo with your mailing address and how you'd like them personalized. (They're normal-size bookplates, but for the sake of showing off their cuteness, they'll look a bit smaller here.)
I hope the Pickles find a home in your heart. They'll forever hold a special place in mine.
Here's to a most spindiddly dream come true.