Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Missouri and Nashville!



*tips fancy hat to you*

I have two events this week that I'm super excited about. The first is a breakfast in Missouri for librarians (!!). I'll be giving a speech that morning which name drops all of the following folks: 

Aslan,
Bo Duke,
Judy Blume,
Professor Dumbledore,
Biscuit (that's my dog)
and Virgil Lloyd (that's my papaw).

It's going to be fun. I hope.

(Mostly, I'm talking about loving books and how grateful I am for librarians ... but I do work all of those folks into the talk somehow...) (Maybe I shouldn't write when I'm hyped up on coffee??) That speech is on Friday morning. If you're one of the librarians attending that breakfast, I can't wait to meet you!

On Saturday, October 11, I'll be in Nashville for the Southern Festival of Books! 

Now. If you've been reading this blog for a bit, you know I go completely fangirl at this thing every year. I rave about it for days and always go on and on about how I can't believe it's FREE to see so many authors in one place. I still can't. And I'm still so excited about hearing some of my favorite authors talk about what inspired their stories.

In a most funky twist of fate, I get to be part of the event this year! I'll be part of a panel from 1:00-2:30 pm on Saturday. I can't believe that either, but I'm very excited!

Here are the details:


Each of us will be giving a quick, 20 minute presentation about our newest books. So if you come, you'll get to hear what inspired A Snicker of Magic and how the adventure has shaped up so far. And you'll probably see me cry, because my parents will be there. And this will be the first time they've heard me give that talk.

So if you're around the festival that weekend, come hang out! The event is FREE (have I mentioned that a million times?). I would love to meet you!

Here's the full schedule for this year's festival:

http://www.humanitiestennessee.org/programs/southern-festival-books/sessions

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine loves to go to the Southern Festival of Books. She talks about it every year, and it makes me wish I lived closer. It's supposed to be wonderful. Hope you loved both that and your librarians' breakfast

    ReplyDelete